3.09.2013

Inspiration Abounds - Kitchen: Part Two

The first thing on my priority list in part two of the kitchen inspiration files (part one and part three) is that that I have got to install a command center...pronto! My current center is more like an Out of Control Center and needs help! See what I mean? 


The wall is primed with magnetic primer, but I've never managed to get it painted to match the kitchen's blue. See what I mean now by Uniquely Undone? EVERYTHING in my home is undone!! 

There are tons, and tons of great ideas on my Pinterest boards for command centers and chore charts. So many in fact, that I’ll spare you all the pictures at once!! I really want to utilize this area as a chore and menu center since I have a mudroom where the command center should go, but here are a few of my faves for both…
I love this one on the left from The Clay Family. Exactly what I think I want for my kitchen. I’ve tried the calendar and post board, but I have a mud room for that, so I’ll go with a menu board and chore charts! Perfect! 




I may take the cookie sheet approach for the chore charts







This is quite adorable with the burlap and clip. Gives a bit of a rustic quality to it.


This sure is a cute one. (She even gives you a detailed tutorial!!) Maybe I’ll pull out the glue gun! 


Instead of magnetic, this dry erase version looks super easy to create.
Plus you have endless limits with scrapbook papers! 


This magnet board from LivyLouDesigns is super cute!! She's got tons of great fabrics to choose from!



Love this one featured on BH&G. Where do I find these file holders!!


All I can say is WOW. I love the wire holders. She's got skills!!

Now, I just have to make up my mind and get to it!!! Hopefully I have an "after" picture for ya'll real soon!

I'd love to hear from you all on how you finished your command centers! Always looking for new inspiration! Leave me a comment!!

Keep on keeping on!!


Find me at:
VMG206 * Creative Geekery


9 comments:

  1. These look great projects :) Thanks for joining us at the weekend hop, new follower by GFC, also do a Creative Mondays for all your diy post and a wordless wednesday hop if you want to join us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!! I'll definitely be by for your other hops!!! Thanks for the invite!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That first one from Pinterest looks so organized. I also love the friendly look of the dry-erase scrapbook board.
    Thanks for visiting and linking on Amanda's Books and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and linking my Kitchen Command Center and Dry Erase Board. I look forward to seeing your new commend center! Jaime @ The Clay Family Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, these are such cute ideas! I need something like this at my house.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these look great. I think we're about at that stage where we could use a command center. I'm visiting today from Raising Imperfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all this great inspiration. I really could use a command center.
    wonderful to see your awesome post on Raising Imperfection.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some pretty cool ideas that's for sure. Don't you love Pinterest. It's perfect for finding neat ideas to consider doing.

    I hope you'll link up to my blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great project! I could definitely use file holders as I need to organize some of the papers in the house. Dropping by from the Raising Imperfection Link up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so leave me a comment!!!

Blogging tips