3.02.2013

Recipe to try - Ranch and Cream Cheese Sticky Chicken

I had a huge package of drumsticks that were defrosting in my fridge for about 5 days, and I needed to cook them as soon as I could!! My oven had decided to crap out on me and smolder to the point it would have caught fire, so I had to resort to the good ‘ol crockpot!


I have to admit, I don’t think I ever cooked drumsticks in there before. So, I scoured the internet and found this yummy-sounding recipe from About.com!!

I think it was this picture that caught my eye the most!! lol 



I never follow a recipe to a “t” so I doctored it up with my favorite low carb staples…Ranch dressing and cream cheese! Yum!

Hidden Valley Ranch...THE best, of course!
 
I'm all for Wegmans brand. Yum!


I omitted the thyme, white pepper, garlic powder, and onions. I added Pampered Chef’s Chipotle Rub, basil, oregano, and chili powder.



When I was ready to cook the chicken, I threw them in the crockpot, drizzled them with ranch dressing, and chopped up the cream cheese into squares.























I know the recipe called for a 10 hour cook time, but I forgot to put mine on until about noon, so I cooked them on high for about 5 hours, and let them sit for another hour or so.

So tender, juicy and creamy!! Oh my goodness they were so good!! I’m a very critical chicken eater. It HAS to be tender or I won’t eat it. That’s why I avoid breasts and eat the legs and thighs. Plus, being on a low carb diet helps, since I don’t have to worry that the dark meat is fattier!!!



I suggest trying this out for yourself! If you do, I’d love to hear your comments on how it turned out and if you tweaked it too or followed what I did!




post signature
Click here!
  
Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Keeping It Simple   
Frugal Foodie Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so leave me a comment!!!

Blogging tips