3.21.2013

DIY Easter Decor - Part Two

Easter is around the corner! I love all the new decorations and ideas I've found!



When my daughter asked me to decorate for Easter, I realized I have very little Easter decorations. I vowed to make a switch over from the tchotchke-style to the more natural style form of décor. I've managed to get Halloween and Christmas down, but I’m at a loss for Easter. 

You saw my Easter Silhouettes that I made, bringing me up in the world of holiday décor! But I still need to step it up. I pulled out my Easter tub and took a quick inventory…here’s the results: 



Not much, and not very “natural” either. So, I dug into my inspiration files and these caught my eye. I LOVE everything here and wish I were as creative enough to do some for myself!!!




But, as I'm only a little bit creative and slightly talented, I've managed to make some cute decor of my own! Here's some of my favorites...

Of course, fresh flowers are my number one favorite, however, it's a bit early in the season for any reasonably priced bouquets, and my flowers haven't woken up from their winter slumber, so I settled for the next best thing...and I have to say, not too fake looking (especially for dollar store variety)!!!




My attempts at decoupaging eggs...of course I got frustrated after only two eggs, so I went the whole paint and stamp route!! It's a patient person who can decoupage for a living!! If you'd like to read my story on how I decoupaged and painted my eggs, click here.


  
 

...and here is the compilation of all my painted eggs...so very unnatural! lol




And lastly, my pretty little birdcages (that were from my wedding 9 years ago) got a little companion...



Next year, I'll master the Easter holiday decorating challenge. In the meantime, I hope the inspiration on this page has given you the motivation to go ahead and get your undone decorating D-O-N-E!!!

What are your favorite Easter decorations?


Keep on keeping on!
post signature

Linked up @:
The Brambleberry Cottage The Shabby Creek Cottage No Minimalist Here The Iron Stone Nest
Sew Crafty Angel A Vision to Remember Six Sisters Stuff Lamb Around
Young & Crafty Love. Laughter. Happily Ever After. How Sweet the Sound Claire Justine oxox
Funky Junk Be Different Act Normal Chic on a Shoestring Too Much Time...
Craftionary Shabby Nest Tutus & Tea Parties Thirty Handmade Days
Line's Across Craft-o-Maniac 
Coastal Charm




  





4 comments:

  1. Some beautiful ideas here :) I looking forward to making some Ester treat this week ... Thanks for linking up to Welcome to the weekend hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is soooooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi new friend! I enjoyed looking at the pictures you have posted. I like the Robin's egg blue bowl and greenery the best. I don't go all out at Easter decorating, but do enjoy a few things here and there. I am visiting from Coastal Charm and am your newest follower. Please come and visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse when you get a chance!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww lovely collection of Easter decors. Thanks for sharing!

    Regards
    Prasad

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so leave me a comment!!!

Blogging tips